- Cet évènement est passé
octobre 19, 2018 - octobre 21, 2018
Juan David Velez – CE: The Upper Thoracic Aperture, Toronto ON, 2018
REGISTRATION OPEN TO SI PRACTITIONERS
DATE: October 19-21, 2018
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
- Early bird pricing of $600 CAD ($480 USD) by registering on or before September 19, 2018.
- $650 CAD ($525 USD) if you register after September 19, 2018.
- Send an e-transfer (and password) to email@example.com.
- Or make cheques payable to the Rolfing Association of Canada.
- RAC mailing address – Suite 289, 17008-90 Ave, Edmonton AB, T5R 1L6.
- If you are outside of Canada, please contact Juan David Velez directly to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students may drop prior to 60 days before the start date and receive a full refund, minus a $50 CAD administrative fee.
- Cancellations 30 to 60 days prior to the start of class will receive a 50% refund of the total class fee.
- No refunds for cancellations less than 30 days before the start of class.
- 3 Required Intermediate credits for the Advanced Training (RISI/RAC)
- 21 CE credits (IASI)
CE WORKSHOP DESCRIPTION:
In this workshop we will explore the territory of the Upper Thoracic Aperture and the significance of this area to both structural and functional patterns in the rest of the body. While the focus will be narrowed to this territory for practical reasons, the class exploration and discussions will be global, in alignment with the kind of thinking and strategizing required for advanced work.
You can expect to gain a more clear understanding of the anatomy and how it can inform our interventions. Our exploration however, will go beyond the standard bio-mechanical paradigm, and we will venture into current scientific understanding of body perception, the role of cortical maps, pain science and other ideas that are enriching our understanding of how is it that our work works.
Juan David Vélez is a Faculty member for The Rolf Institute® and has been teaching in all phases of the basic training for twenty years. His passion lies in the philosophical framework of the work and as a teacher, his goal is for students to understand the material with a depth and clarity that allows the material to be a launching pad for their own creativity.